How our clients are using Spatial XL:
FMCG Beverage Clients
• It assists them with outlet development programmes and to identify high demand areas and opportunities for new outlet development.
• Map competitor data to better understand competitor threats, strategies and trends.
• Directly link, map and compare customer data with census data for a more in-depth analysis of sales performance and market segmentation.
• Create hot spot maps to determine areas with high outlet densities, high sales volumes and competitor presence.
• Visualise and plan daily operational activities.
• Optimise route to market planning, strategies and implementation.
• Resource optimisation – Before, reps had no clear boundaries or demarcation and travelled across vast areas. After using Spatial XL, they were able to balance customer allocation, define sales and rep boundaries and concentrate focus. They reduced drive times and improved productive time by over 100%.
FMCG Tobacco Client
• Assist with depot expansion.
• Assist with operational route identification, daily planning and resource requirements planning.
• Create maps for sales managers and reps in order to provide a clear understanding of their own specific geographies and routes.
• Map customer data against retail universe to identify opportunities, gaps in the market and areas that are under-serviced.
• Define, locate and size target markets for a better understanding of current markets and distribution of new products.
• Map and identify top performing stores, markets and areas where turnover is the highest.
• Assist with a visual and more in-depth analysis of sales and forecasting.
• Assist as a transparent and visual framework for effective communication, planning and decision making.
• Generate over 25 000 coordinates for store locations countrywide.
• Map and visualise customer distribution and demarcate clear sales territory boundaries.
• Map customer database against retail census to identify gaps in the market and areas that are under-serviced.
• Understand baseline opportunities in existing and potential markets.